It is the mission of HECC to provide those charged with implementing educational technology in Indiana schools with timely information and resources in order to improve communication, efficiency, and the integration of technology.
HECC Fall Conference 2014
Greetings from the Hoosier Educational Computing Coordinators! The purpose of this letter is to solicit your presence at the HECC Fall 2014 Conference as a supporting vendor. We are excited about the growth of technology in our Indiana schools and the support HECC is able to give our technology coordinators.
This year’s HECC conference will take place on November 12th, 13th and 14th, 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel – at Historic Union Station in downtown Indianapolis.
2014 Changes at a glance:
Vendor area setup – TUESDAY, November 11th from 12 – 4pm.
Vendor area open for visitors on Wednesday at 8 am
Vendor box lunches will be provided Wednesday – Friday
Booth Price change: 8 x 8 booth - $900 and 8 x 16 booth - $1600
HECC no longer accepts American Express cards
New this year – vendor area setup will be Tuesday, November 11th from 12 – 4 pm. The only loading and unloading area is on Illinois St. between Union Station and Crowne Plaza. You will not be able to load and unload to the north of Union Station – that area is owned by the Omni. Vendor area will be open for visitors Wednesday and Thursday from 8 am – 5 pm and Friday from 8 am – 2 pm. Tear down of booths will begin at 2 pm on Friday. No vendor should be leaving prior to the 2 pm. Attendees will again have a 1 1/2 -2 hour lunch each day this year for more dedicated exhibit hall time.
There are a couple of issues to keep in mind when considering the cost of the booth:
- Vendors will be given two box lunches each day Wednesday through Friday with booth space. Any additional lunches will be at a cost of $35.00 per lunch per day.
- Markey’s will provide table skirting and backdrops for each booth. The booths will be 8 X 8 in size with a 6 ft table and 2 chairs or 8 x 16 in size and include 2 – 6ft tables with 4 chairs. All exhibit areas are carpeted with the exception of the exhibit corridors in Union Station hall ways (booth numbers 1-9 and 99-157 are not carpeted). If you want carpeting or additional carpet, you will need to fill out a Markey’s service request form. You can find a vendor packet at http://hecc.k12.in.us/conference/vendors/vendorinfo.cfm
As you consider spending $900-$1600 to reserve a booth in our vendor area, please keep in mind the potential benefits this exposure could bring to your firm:
- Our conference is directed at the technology coordinators in the state, many of who are in charge of their district’s technology funds. At the least, they provide purchasing recommendations to their superintendents.
- Much more than teachers and administrators, this group keeps current on what is new within the technology landscape.
- These technology coordinators are well-networked across the state and great at sharing new ideas and innovations with each other.
- The HECC conference drew close to 1200 attendees last year and we hope to see this number increase again this year.
Our snacks and refreshments will be located in the vendor area just as last year’s conference. This placement brings more traffic to the vendors throughout the day. Also again this year, HECC will offer a Vendor lounge where you can go and relax during the conference.
Many companies have hosted successful hospitality suites on Thursday night. This year, there are opportunities to host a hospitality suite on Wednesday night as well. If you are interested in hosting a hospitality room please contact Karen Crawford at the Crowne Plaza Hotel directly. That phone number is 317-236-7482.
HECC will provide wireless high-speed internet access and basic electrical service (110 outlets) for each vendor booth.
|Vendor area costs are as follows:|
|8x8 space (2 lunches each day on Wednesday - Friday)||$900|
|8x16 space (2 lunches each day on Wednesday - Friday)||$1600|
|8x8 non-profit space (2 lunches each day on Wednesday - Friday)||$350|
|Additional lunches on Wednesday - Friday||$35 each|
Again this year, vendors will be able to rent lead retrieval systems from American Tradeshow Services. More information about the systems will be made available at a later date.
With that being said, vendor registration will open at noon on Wednesday, March 12, 2014. Make a note of the date and time. Please provide the information requested on the Vendor Registration link located at http://www.hecc.k12.in.us/conference/index.cfm if you are interested in a booth display at this year’s HECC conference. Tables will be assigned on a first pay, first serve basis. Credit Card payment is accepted at time of online registration and payment is marked in the database as soon as it is approved. Check payments will be marked paid once your check has arrived. As soon as payment is marked in the database, you will receive an email explaining how to choose your booth space.
Checks should be made out to HECC and mailed to:
ATTN: Patti Bostwick, HECC Vendor Chair
Zionsville Community Schools
900 Mulberry St.
Zionsville, IN 46077
Once your registration and payment is received HECC will send an emailed receipt along with confirmation to let you know your space is reserved.
Cancellation policy is as follows:
If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the event, HECC will refund 100% of your payment.
If you cancel 30-60 days prior to the event, HECC will refund 50% of your payment.
If you cancel less than 30 days prior to the event, HECC will not refund any payment.
HECC Vendor Chair